[TechAssist] Re: mitsubishi vs-4543

  • From: "Jeff Farnsworth" <jlfonz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 17:53:22 -0500

I havent seen this specific symptom related to what follows but these sets
are notorious for bad connections on the yokes.  Usually have vertical
shutdown symptom--or vert lines in pic before shutdown.  No reason to
believe the horiz connections couldnt have failed first.  I allways solder
all of the connections when doing them.  Some here have said to pull the
yolks to do the job,  I have allways found that unneccesary.  I have allways
been able to solder the yokes inplace--albeit--blindly--then verify the work
with a mirror.  Generally have to go back and redo one connection per job
BEFORE plugging in.

OT:  I spent night in hospital--I'm looking at another stint.  I've had 3
heart attacks---brought back to life once--qty (2) 5 bypass surgeries--I'll
be 46 this sept.  Doc in emergency room remembered me from Jan 2000 when  I
expired while he was asking me if I had any pain---scared the heck out of
him---funny thing was---I was really calm---I had just said the sinners
prayer.  It took all of this to bring me to the lord,  I am born again.
Baptized under water in fall of 2000.  Now I am on the board of directors on
a new christian college.  I may be the next chaplain of my marine corp
league, and am unofficial counsler of the young marine detachment.  Everyday
I thank the lord for another beautiful day whether its an ice storm or
tornado like winds.  Sorry to go off topic like this--just felt the need to
edify.  Heres an anolgy for technicians that believe in evolution.  Human
evolution the way we are supposed to believe it,  would be comparable to
throwing a truckload 1950's japanese transistor radios into a factory--let
lighting hit it for a few million years---and out comes a plasma tv.  Cmon
now---more funny than technically equivelent.

TV Doctor
Avalon, Wi