[TechAssist] Re: measuring digital transistors

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 10:33:41 -0500

What i usualy do is to get a new one out of my parts bins and compare
the resistances to the suspect device. If I don't have a new one in
stock, I can often find another transistor of the same number on the the
circuit board which I am repairing. I just pull it out and compare to
the suspect device. Then I might switch locations when I reinstal them,
and see if the unit acts the same or differently.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7
Guelph Ontario Canada N1H 6J4