[TechAssist] measuring digital transistors

  • From: MYERSVCR@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 23:46:07 EST

 Hello all
I am a bit perplexed at how you measure a digital transistor. The one in
question is
a C144ES (or ECG2359 equiv) and there are lots of them on a Hitachi VCR board
I am working on.
This particular transistor pinout (from ECG catalog) has a base resistor of
47K and the old diode tests of the DMM are not working. I am getting around
94K ohms between 2 leads and I think I
am measuring (2) 47K resistors in series within the transistor. Is this how
you tell if they are good?

The ECG catalog shows this as an SP92 case
and pins as (1) ground (2) out (3) in   NPN silicon

The Hitachi schematic shows 0 volts on all three leads as a good reading and
describes it as a load speed switch
Hitachi VTM-141A VCR The transistor I was checking was Q753
thanks, Craig
SUBJECT field to the address above.