[TechAssist] Re: magnavox no tuner signal

  • From: Jorge Camboni <geo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:57:53 -0500

If I am not mistaken, those models have very a frequent  problem
with their tuners, an IC failing. I would send it to Tip Top if I were
you.. The tale of TVs developping failures after moving them is a very
well known one, and the customers believe it firmly, but that is true
only in 20 or 30 per cent of the cases, the rest is pure imagination or
the customer's wish to find a reason for the it..
good luck
Jorge

At 01:05 p.m. 14/09/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>hi guys: im about to work on a magnavox ptv model# rk8510ak02.customer told
>me tv was working fine until they transported up the steps to another
>room.now
>none of the channels will tune,just snow on all channels.i was wondering what
>they could have done becausce if the tuner was bad it would have happened
>anyway without moving this set.what could they have disturbed by moving
>this set
>up the steps does anyone know?what could be so sensitive that it would upset
>the tuner.
>
>marvin lee
>wbal tv
>3800 hooper ave
>baltimore,maryland.21211
>e-mail: mlee107346@xxxxxxx

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Jorge Camboni, GY Electronics, Richardson, TX