[TechAssist] fix. RCA F35700SB/ CTC169BD5 slick red/retrace betweenchannels

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 10:52:53 -0500

Thanks to all.
It was Q2906, with about 50 ohms leakage. I happened to have an RCA
transistor #147665 that also crossed to an NTE159 that works great.
Funny, this is a lum buffer transistor,not a red driver, but why did I
get a bright red flash? not green or blue?
And what made you zero in on Q2906? Would not be my first choice.
;-)
BTW I will also change CR4118 as precaution before it leaves the shop.
Phil

Webster TV wrote:

> Phil,
>
> I just fixed a CTC169, with the same problem. The fix was replacing Q2906
> luminance buffer transistor. I used a NTE 159 and it worked fine.
>
>                                     HTH
>                                     Dan Webster
>                                     Webster's TV
>                                     Shullsburg, Wi.