[TechAssist] Zenith plasma expert needed

  • From: "John Mielke" <maintv2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 14:29:47 -0700

We have 2 Zenith plasma in the shop with different problems.
A Z42PX2D which has 14 black horizontal lines at random intervals through
the picture.  We have checked for bad connections at the edge of the panel
and found none.  This set also has a intermittent problem where the entire
picture has a negative appearance.  The negative picture comes and goes but
the lines always remain and never move.
The second set is a Zenith P42W46X.  It has only trash in the center
(horizontally) that appears  to move rapidly up or down and then greenish
trash on the left and right, about 4" each side. There is no picture at all.
It draws a large amount of current, maybe 5 amps AC.  If I had to guess, I
would say it has a bad panel but I'm not sure.
There are no tips for Zenith plasma on Winstips and we do not have access to
Zenith website.  Any help appreciated.  We do not have service manuals on
either set.  TIA, John.
John Mielke
Main TV
636 Main St