[TechAssist] Re: Zenith SS8769H2, 9-840-1, 9-822-1 no power, FIXED

  • From: Kevin <kevinstv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:38:36 -0800

Yes, the larger the value of the cap the lower the ESR that is allowed.
For example a 1uF can be 70 or higher and still be OK.  But a 100uF with
an ESR of 3 or higher is bad.  Usually when I check these 100uF caps
with high ESR the value is 70uF or less.  Even if they read OK value
wise, I can make them fail by using cold spray.  JFYI

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevinstv@xxxxxxx