[TechAssist] Re: Zenith RZ46Z83D7, no conv adjust and no menu adjustments work

  • From: "CEI" <carlisleelectronics@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 18:05:04 -0500

Jeff,
  The 120K resistor you refer to is 1/2 W and are located on each video
output module (9-1303-xx)--the dead giveaway on this is if you are missing
the vertical line in the crosshatch on the setup screen, or if that
particular color is smeared across the screen without any definition.
 As far as the bowing, this may be in the vertical circuits OR the
convergence board may not be operating--The latter is due to an electrolytic
capacitor on the power supply assembly (9-1674-xx)leaking, thus burning up
the 1 ohm resistors on the convergence board(9-1690)--The location number
escapes me at the moment, but it is in front of the flyback, and I believe
its a 100uf cap---I have checked new rebuilds from Zenith (9-1674-03) that
still had this leaking cap, so be on the look out for it always, even on the
new ones --
Good Luck,

Jeffrey Basehore
Carlisle Electronics