[TechAssist] Zenith PVY5265RK PTV 9-1690 Convergence Board

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:19:05 -0500

Hello,

I've been workin on getting the convergence circuits to operate, the cross
hairs don't move, I can access the convergence alignments, but changing
their values don't do anything.....both the 9-1690 and the 9-1674 have been
sent to the rebuilders....but still no convergence, so only 1 more thing to
check, and that's the digital data lines on connector 83C.....that's why I
need you folks to help. ANYBODY PRESENTLY WORKING ON A ZENITH PTV WITH A
9-1690 CONVERGENCE MODULE, would you please verify with a scope what you
see, please????

This is what I see:

83C pin 1 (black wire)  5Volts with a very tiny negative-going pulse (about
0.2v max)
        pin2                        Data, good 5v pp
        pin3                        5V
        pin4                        Data (or clock) good 5v pp

I think pin 1 is not right, but I can't verify since Zenith techs are on
Hurricane leave, any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks
Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815