[TechAssist] Zenith PTV Z50Z53, Looks Like Bad CRT's

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:12:04 -0500

Friends,

This projection set is about four years old.  When you turn it on, you
would think all three CRT's are bad, like a gassy CRT.  Have run into
three of four of these (in various models).  The symptom is caused by an
open 120K resistor on EACH CRT board.  (The board is 9-1303-6.  The
resistor is R5102.)

The first one cost me the price of a new blue CRT before I found the open
resistor.

I write this to inform those of you who haven't seen this before and to
ask a question of those who have.  What causes the resistor to open up?
Have never had one come back, but it makes me wonder.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32561