[TechAssist] Re: Zenith A50M91w. No OSD,No Picture

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tech <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:53:39 -0700

This model had a recall by Zenith, I think.
I had one where the Blue Tubes Coolant leaked on a PCB.
I found out about the recall,called Zenith.
They sent a new TV and paid me $200.00
to Deliver/Set-up the new set, and return the Original(in the new set's box).
They had set picked up by local Trucking Company(they paid shipping).

This was well over a year ago,but I put this in WinStips:
Zenith, A50M91W, No Video Has Sound:
1st Thing To Look For Is Blue Pix Tube Coolant Leakage On To Modules.
Zenith Has A Modification/Replacement Program For Certain Serial #'S.
1-800-228-1058

Peggs

At 06:09 AM 5/14/03, Frank Luu wrote:

>Hi:
>This TV has Audio,High Voltage, But the screen is
>dark.
>Adjust G2,I can see retrace lines.
>110k,82k resistor off colector of HOT is OK. Resistors
>on 3 CRT boards (100K?) are OK.
>Check convergence board but did not see anything bad.
>
>Previously, this TV had bad flyback and it ran for 2
>weeks now came back with this problem.Re-replaced
>flyback but won't help.
>Any idea?
>Sweep board is 9-1978
>Many thanks
>
>Frank Luu
>AF Electronics
>Austin,TX

>http://search.yahoo.com
>The Tech Address Book:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.html
>Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.html
>Lost Password:
>http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".
>Email Archives: