[TechAssist] Re: Zenith A50M91w. No OSD,No Picture

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:46:46 -0400

Frank, am I to understand you see an illuminated raster with no video or
OSD when G2 is advanced?
We need to first determine if you have 1. CRT filaments glowing, and
2.Screen G2 voltage present. Lets get that out of the way.
The three CRT resistors you needed to check are on the 9-1303 CRT boards
and are 120K ohm, R5102.
If you are sure you can get illumination,  I would think the HV splitter
is probably OK.
Pull the 9-1679 panel. I find most all the pins to all the "daughter"
boards on it have ring cracks around them. Both sides, daughter and main
board solder.Resolder.
Will keep checking on this end.
Phil Bader

Frank Luu wrote:

> Hi:
> This TV has Audio,High Voltage, But the screen is
> dark.
> Adjust G2,I can see retrace lines.
> 110k,82k resistor off colector of HOT is OK. Resistors
> on 3 CRT boards (100K?) are OK.
> Check convergence board but did not see anything bad.
>
> Previously, this TV had bad flyback and it ran for 2
> weeks now came back with this problem.Re-replaced
> flyback but won't help.
> Any idea?
> Sweep board is 9-1978
> Many thanks
>
> Frank Luu
> AF Electronics
> Austin,TX

> http://search.yahoo.com
> The Tech Address Book:
> http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.html

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx