[TechAssist] Re: Zenith 20", 1983 model, 9-181 main module, volume cuts out.

  • From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Old TV Man)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 16:03:54 -0500

Kevin that # is A-9982 - NTE 1231. I have some if you need it.

Your speaker may be bad.

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, Jul 2, 2005, 4:05pm (CDT+1) To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Zenith 20", 1983 model, 9-181 main module,
volume cuts out. Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I do! Assuming you eliminated the basics: flex board for connections,
clean the speaker switch on rear,etc.
Phil

From: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob@bobsTV Sent:
Friday, June 24, 2005 12:45 PM To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject:
[TechAssist] Re: Zenith 20", 1983 model, 9-181 main
module,>>>>volume cuts out.

Do you have other module numbers? That 9-181 had so many
variations>>>>01
thru 18 if I remember.. Some of those sets did not even use the
audio on
the
9-181.. Before you spin your wheels sub another speaker.. Had an old
RCA
that the sound went off but turning sound way up it returned...
Voice
coil
would catch on the magnet at regular volume but turning up sound it
released.

Bob.
Bob's TV =A0 Worcester, ma
woodman17@xxxxxxxxxxx

From: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob@bobsTV Sent:
Friday, June 24, 2005 12:17 PM To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject:
[TechAssist] Re: Zenith 20", 1983 model, 9-181 main
module,
volume cuts out.

Is this a remote set? There may be a model number sticker on the
bell
of
crt..

Bob.