[TechAssist] Re: Yamaha CDR(S1000) CD laser assbly.(V4836800)

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:30:41 -0400

Distributors figure the annual cost of carrying parts in inventory at about
30%. Usually if a part doesnt turn at least 4 times a year they dont like to
stock it at all. My point was that if the item really exists somewhere,
eventually they will get stuck with it. It will turn up as surplus, or in a
"special" flyer, or just get dumped.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave