[TechAssist] Re: Windows 2000 pro cant load drivers for cd/rom

  • From: "Chris Gorsch" <cgorsch@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:21:49 -0600

Mitch another possible way to go:
30th January 2002

When the courier drops off a package, someone must sign for it to verify the
transaction. The same holds true for drivers in Windows 2000 and XP. Despite
the whining of legacy-loving lusers (local users), this is a fantastic
feature. Nine times out of ten, Windows doesn't crash Windows. Buggy
drivers, on the other hand, have been known to cause countless contentions.
Microsoft instituted "driver signing" to stop problems before they started.
If an installed driver is NOT signed, caveat clickor (let the user beware).
Use VERIFIER.EXE - the Driver Verifier Manager - to gather information about
and troubleshoot your system's drivers. Admittedly, this tool was
specifically designed with ubergeeks (and driver developers) in mind. For
details and usage guidelines, refer to article Q244617 in the Microsoft
Knowledge Base. Check with hardware manufacturers to see if there are WHQL
(Windows Hardware Quality Labs) certified drivers available for your
device(s). They may not be optimized for speed, but stability is sometimes
more important.

BLESS AMERICA, PLEASE GOD!
SKI-CHRIS GORSCH
ZACHARY, LA.