[TechAssist] Re: Well, it happened. Some one tracked me down via a posting

  • From: "Wayne Vanaman" <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:13:16 -0600

A few points.

Go to Google, for example, and type in something like tv repair and your
city name.  Your name may pop up.  Especially if you use a complete
signature.  And you may get repair business thru the door from that.

Two.  I get business in the door were people have been doing research on
their TVs and found that I have made posts offering assistance, and think I
am an authority.  No one else around, except  Ken (below) will have their
name show up for this area.  I also have a fairly friendly website.  So they
see my company.

We are celibrities.
And the receptionist stops most of the calls from people that want to talk
to me.

Caller ID is neat.  Here in Pensacola Florida I get a call that shows up as
Beaverton Oregon.  The guy is asking directions to my shop.  Then he shows
up with the TV.  Cell phones are great.  You never can tell were the next
two cents is going to come from.
Like now.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics