[TechAssist] Re: Using the Blue and White (drinking straw) Sony Anode Removal Tool

  • From: "Damon" <DamonEB@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:36:34 -0500

Is this tool used to remove the anode wire from the IHVTs and if so, are the
anode wire's metal cap held in the IHVT by 3 fingers?? The BA-6 direct view
TVs use the "3 finger IHVT lock" with a larger metal button soldered onto
the end of the Anode wire......and nobody has ever mentioned a TOOL to
unlock the anode wire.

I just had to cut off the IHVT chimney so I could break the 3 finger locks
on a BA-6 this Friday........especially since I was out about 50-65 miles
from home base!!
Why is it the smarter ideas pop into your head about 10 minutes after you
leave the customer's house??
And the "Magic Tool" is discussed on Tech Assist a day or 2 afterwards?
Am I just 90 degrees out of phase with the rest of the Electrical Universe??
BTW.....is there a part number for that TOOL? Or a special area on Sony's
website that I can look at for TOOLS???

Damon B
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN