[TechAssist] Re: **Urgent* TA RCA CTC167CS Pincushion

  • From: "Jim Myers" <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 10:53:20 -0500

Jeff, according to Parts Finder that set should have a CTC169 chassis, is
Parts Finder wrong or has someone pulled a swap?
here are some CTC167 tips anyway:
Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

RCA   CTC167

Pincushion Inop, Width Pulled In Too, About An Inch Or So Of Black On Both
Sides

Marshfield Tv

Defective Q4804, Recommend Replacing W/Original Part # Only, 190482.
Another Tip Suggests Ecg399, But It Didn'T Work; Width Filled Out But Still
Had No Pin Control.  Replaced W/Original Transistor (Says 1101-01a On It)
And All'S Well.

RCA   CTC167

Pincushion Not Working

Robinson Electronics

Replace Cr4804, May Test Good.

RCA   CTC167

Pincushion Not Working Properly

Smd R4802, An 1800ohm Chip, Had A Cracked End Cap.

RCA   CTC167

Pincushion Not Working Properly

Patrick Lavergne

Cr4804, Tests Good But Causing Trouble

RCA   CTC167

Shutdown, Highly Intermittent, May Be Preceded By Fade To Black Or Pin/Width
Fluctuations.

Marshfield Tv

Problem Was Vibration Sensitive, Very Hard To Isolate, If You Touched The
Board Anywhere It Would Act Up.  Finally Did A Blanket Solder Of All
Components (Surface Mount Too) Within About A Two Inch Radius Of Q107 And
That Got It.

RCA   CTC167

Width Pulled (Bowed) In On Sides

A Helper Elect

Cr4802 Ecg506

RCA   CTC167

Width Too Wide, Pincushioning Slightly Distorted

Ford'S Tv & Video Service

Defective Transistor, Q4804 (190482), Open Resistors, R4809 (470 Ohm 1w),
R4807 (1800 Ohm 1/2w),  Open Capacitor, C4805 (10 Uf 50v Bi-Polar, 105c).

RCA   CTC167R

Pincussion Problem On Left And Right Sides

Danny Willard  Technical Aspects

Replace Q4804 And Resolder Smd C4809 And R4817

Jim Myers
Since 1972
Telrad Electronic Services Co.
Fort Wayne, IN 46815