[TechAssist] **Urgent* TA RCA CTC167CS Pincushion

  • From: <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:57:02 -0500

I called the customer yesterday to tell them the set was ready, when I noticed
the pincushion problem.
This set probably had this problem before the vertical failure, but customer
let it go.
Customer wants set today...and though I appreciate everyone's input, this unit
DOES NOT have any of the
components in this pincushion circuit. I had a CTC156H pretty much the exact
same thing.. Pincushion
circuit is silk screened on board, but nothing there.
I think most of you can understand the predicament with this customer...
If anyone can advise me how to adjust the pincushion or fix for  this problem,
I'd be grateful.
Set has HOT with internal damper..I replaced HOT with no luck.
Thank you.

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR
263 S Front St
Steelton PA 17113
fax...717-564-4952
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net

Model F27194SM.(Similar to CTC156H)
Unit came  in with no vertical. After several hours of troubleshooting, found
one of the terminals on the
yoke broken..repaired.
During all this time, I had to pull the CRT socket so I didn't burn the CRT.
Another tech must have had
this set because someone put the CRT back without lining it up and two pins
were shorted.. G1 and Red K, I
think..
After the vertical problem, I found retrace on the screen. Found shorted
transistor on main
board..replaced.
Now, I have severe pincushion on sides OSD and TV are bowed. I can find no
pincushion circuit on this
board, yet Fix Finder references some components. I see the markings on this
PCB, but nothing at these
locations.
Can someone tell me how to adjust the pincushion? I see on adjustments for
horizontal size or pincushion..
Thank you.

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR

be found on Google or any other engine!To remove or join, email
chat-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with remove or join as the subject.