[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba CZ32T31 with activated V-chip

  • From: John at Main TV <maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:50:36 -0600

I did not see that you recieved an answer regarding the Toshiba so here
is the info I have:
Go to V chip select in the customers menu.
If set has an active PIN code it will display "block active".
Press "recall" 4 times within 5 seconds.
Install new PIN # if desired or push exit now for no PIN.
HTH, John.

Gemini Computer & TV wrote:

> We have a gentleman who called us over the weekend stating he accidentally
> "activated" the V-chip on his Toshiba CZ32T31 and does not know how to
> cancel it. We are not Toshiba authorized and was wondering if one of you
> Toshiba ASCs might be able to tell us how to assist this man?
>
> Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
> Master Technician License #9109
> Service Manager / Parts Manager
> Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms