[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba 13" TVCR MV13M2 (Orion) dead. no 5V stby.

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,"techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 12:56:42 -0700

I have 2 of these now that were popped by lightning.One has the same component
you speak of bad(nothing is dragging the 5v down).
The other has numerous secondary rectifiers bad and then some.
The customer hasn't decided about repairing the one with the KIA78R05
bad(could be other problems).
Tritronics has this 'regulator' for $2 and change.
The 'other' has been totalled.

Peggs

At 08:51 AM 8/7/03, Philip Bader wrote:
>Dead. HOT collector has about +200V on it! There are other standby volts
>around.Push power and nothing at all. I pulled chassis to access the I/R
>detector diode in front. No where on any pins is voltage. Usually a good
>place to find the  5V standby.
>So, guess no +5V stby for starters.
>There is one regulator IC (TO-220 package like 7805's) IC501: "KIA78
>R05P1" a four pin reg. NO output. Don't know if it's a switched output
>or my missing standby.
>Help!
>Phil Bader
>--
>Philip Bader
>Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
>3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
>Fax (863) 299-8821
>email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
>http://sell.tech-assist.org
>The Tech Address Book:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.htm
>Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.htm
>Lost Password:
>http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".
>Email Archives: