[TechAssist] Re: There is a chat list

  • From: "Staff-TechAssist" <staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:13:35 -0500

As stated, WE DO have ANOTHER LIST, the CHAT list, but the
other admin failed to mention it.  See this from the welcome
message:

2.  OFF TOPIC (OT) POSTS: For example,
     THANK YOU's, PASSWORD QUESTIONS,
     "TEST" EMAILS, REMOVAL, etc:  Since this
     is now such a high traffic list, we're sorry but can no
     longer tolerate off topic posts!  We have members
     leave almost everyday due to receiving too many
     emails.  They all complain that there are too many
     OT posts, too many *thank you's* and too many
     emails regarding list operation or passwords
     posted to the list.  The administration is ALL FOR
     humor, and thanking fellow members for help, so
     PLEASE continue to do this, but unfortunately, it
     CANNOT be done ON list!  Please DO NOT post
     these type of emails to the list.  Send the thank
     you's (i.e. "thanks, I'll try that", etc.) privately to
     the individual's email address and not to the list.
     This INCLUDES emails asking to be removed!!
     Please DO NOT post emails to the list asking
     for removal!  This will do nothing but aggravate
     members as well as the administration.  (See
     #4 in FAQ's below).  For password questions
     see #8 in FAQ's below.

     If you have nothing to contribute to a post, please
     DO NOT reply to it.  By ONLY posting to the list
     emails that help ALL members, ONLY posting
     emails that are ON TOPIC and not off topic, and
     NOT deleting the previous emails on a thread, can
     we keep & insure that all emails posted to the list
     will be of use to ALL of our valued members.  To
     sum it up; just use your head guys!  :)  THINK
     BEFORE you "reply", just simply ask yourself,
     "will this reply make sense"?  And, "will this reply
     be of benefit to ALL members"?  Remember,
     your posts and replies to posts are now being
     seen by over 1000 members worldwide!!  Don't
     forget we have a chat list just for OT posts!
     (See #7 in FAQ's below).

7.  Your chat service can be found here;
     http://network54.com/Hide/Chat/26306

---------------------------------
Everyone, please DO NOT REPLY ANYMORE to this thread.  This
is off-topic.  While members' comments ARE welcomed, they
should NOT be posted to the list.  They should be sent to the
admin addresses or the chat area.  We have had even MORE
members leave because of off topic posts.  This IS what the
chat list above is for.

You're right.  It's takes an UNBELIEVABLE amount of time and
effort for this list, VERY FEW comprehend that.  Since we
cannot seem to get any more help, your current admin's are
barely able to keep ONE list going, two (like an additional
BS email list) would be impossible at this time until a few
members would volunteer some of their time the way your
current admin's (with two in ailing health) have done for
several years now.

We cannot expand, until we get more help.  :-)

TechAssist Administration
http://tech-assist.org
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx