[TechAssist] RCA F32730SB CTC179CM chassis No Audio

  • From: Rochester Electronics <pasthecash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 06:45:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Guys, Need some help with this one, RCA CTC179cm chassis
is in a F32730SB. Set came in with NO AUDIO. scoped the
input lines to the output device (TDA7263M pins 1,2 & 4,5)
inputs are good. No output on pins 8 & 10. pin 9 has about
27 volts for vs. lifting pin 3 (SVR/muting) restors audio
but at full volume. Pressing vol up/down changes level but
only when holding down button.
I have replaced the output IC and resoldered everyting this
has note helped. I have some notes that recomend changing
the e-prom and/or U1404 and U1405. I have not tried to
reset the eprom because i dont have CHIPPER CHECKER.
SOME QUESTIONS???  1) Is it absolutly necessary to have
chipper checker to complete this repair? 2) does the eprom
come pre-programmed? 3)how much does chipper checker cost?

Please, any help with this one would realy be appreciated.

TIA,
Mike Barnett

=====
   Mike