[TechAssist] Re: Test equiptment question

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 20:27:52 -0600

Wilbert,
I prefer the dick smith meter, as it has a digital display, which is
extremely accurate. It checks the ESR on capacitors, but is also useful for
checking low resistance resistors(in circuit). And checking for shorted or
open circuit traces. The accuracy requires that the unit be properly
calibrated. It will also check the caps in the sweep circuit(in circuit),
not just filter caps. I wouldn't swap it for any other.

Paul W
C&W Electronics

From: "Wilbert  Bolden" <wbolden@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Test equiptment question
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 08:00:22 -0600

fellow techs i am interseted in knowing your opinions on a capicator checker
there are two i'am considering, the capicator wizard from howard's
electronics and the dick smith meter. would like some input on which you
think is best.
thanks
wilbert bolden
bolden's electronic repair