[TechAssist] Re: Technics power amp SU-Z45 -power transformer open

  • From: Royal19960@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:16:13 EDT

I have a Technics power amp SU-Z45 in the shop that has an open primary
winding on the power transformer. There is a spare (not connected to
circuit)pin coming out of the transformer which has continuity with one
of the primary winding pins. I am wondering if this spare pin could
possibly be the pin used in Europe for 220V AC power? If so, I might be
able to connect the amp up with a 110V to 220V step up transformer and
use the 220V winding in the amp's transformer.
Does anyone have any info on this model? Does the primary winding have a
built in thermal fuse? What are the secondary winding output voltages?

THanks for any help.

I found photos of this amp on the net. Here's the link:

http://users.pandora.be/frank4/audio/technicssuz45/
--

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984
email: gary (at) number63.ca

Hi.
I found that the extra pin is on the other side of the internal fuse inside
the transformer.
You could use that pin with an external fuse added to the circuit.

Roy E. Adams C.E.T./C.A.
Bonded TV Service
5158 W Forest Home Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53219
414-541-9111
Bondedtv.com
We have over 8,000 tubes listed on the website
Web hosting at only $50.00 per year at BondedHost.com