[TechAssist] Re: [TechAssit] RCA - 27" TV - PMR623ER - CTC130A - Dead - Shorted HOT

  • From: Wayne Vanaman <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 07:09:32 -0500

Let's go back to some basics, but first clear something for me:
The PW vipur board was, supposedly, only used in the ctc130c chassis,
and I can not find your model number anywhere (it's probably with my
training manual).  I see an FMR623 that is a ctc130a chassis.

Does your variation have a separate power supply board using U2 to drive Q1?
Are you working with or without a schematic?

I think the burp at unplug is normal.
The "goldenrod" says pulsing is an over current shutdown condition for
the "C" variation.

Do you have any Horizontal pulses?

As for Q601 and vicinity, I have highlighted R667, 100k 1/8w resistor,
but no info added.

Q601 is an on/off transistor, and should not pulse.  U601p18 is 5v for
the chip.
There is a 6 pin plug, H602.  Pin 6 is 11v standby from the chassis and
is the main supply.
Same plug, the blue wire should be pin 3, you need 90v pulses to develop
the run supply.

I have a heavy service call schedule today.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr
Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310