[TechAssist] Re: [TechAssist-B] Re: My EXPLORE is not working.

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:52:01 -0500

By default XP is setup with RESTORE activated, right click My Computer,
click Properties, click System Restore tab, to confirm if System Restore
is checked.

System Restore helps you solve problems that usually result from adding,
deleting, or replacing files that your operating system, applications,
and devices need in order to work properly. All three versions of
Windows XP: Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional, and
Windows XP 64-Bit Edition have System Restore.

To roll back the system, simply run:

C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

To run System Restore Wizard, left click Start, click Run and paste the
above line in to the Open field, click okay, the rest is pretty
explanatory. I suggest creating a Restore point here before rolling back
the system, just in case eh!

Good luck, if you have any questions, drop me an email.

Alexandria Electronics
50 Harrison Street
Alexandria, Ontario
K0C-1A0