[TechAssist] Re: Symphonic SC3819 TV/VCR Combo-dead

  • From: <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 08:32:28 -0500

Try replacing the mode switch
Robert
tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
H & H Electronics Inc
Dallas, TX
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Jensen" <soundpromikej@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 6:31 PM
Subject: [TechAssist] Symphonic SC3819 TV/VCR Combo-dead

> Hi Techs,
> I have a Symphonic SC3819 TV/VCR combo causing me grief. Originally had a
shuts down after warm up symptom. After running on bench it developed a dead
symptom. I replaced all SMPS electrolytics and unit began working-test ran
for two days-customer picked up and brought back two weeks later with dead
symptom. Now the SMPS keeps trying to start up (front panel led flickers as
unit keeps trting to power up along with audible pops in the speaker). Have
replaced vertical output, all secondary electrolytics, switching
transistor(2SC4508), rang switching transformer, replaced film caps in
switch oscillator circuit. I'm working without a schematic; if anyone has a
chematic or any tips it would be greatly appreciated.

*
> Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
> http://sell.tech-assist.org
> The Tech Address Book: