[TechAssist] Symphonic SC3819 TV/VCR Combo-dead

  • From: "Mike Jensen" <soundpromikej@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:31:36 -0600

Hi Techs,
I have a Symphonic SC3819 TV/VCR combo causing me grief. Originally had a shuts
down after warm up symptom. After running on bench it developed a dead symptom.
I replaced all SMPS electrolytics and unit began working-test ran for two
days-customer picked up and brought back two weeks later with dead symptom. Now
the SMPS keeps trying to start up (front panel led flickers as unit keeps
trting to power up along with audible pops in the speaker). Have replaced
vertical output, all secondary electrolytics, switching transistor(2SC4508),
rang switching transformer, replaced film caps in switch oscillator circuit.
I'm working without a schematic; if anyone has a chematic or any tips it would
be greatly appreciated.
Mike Jensen
Sound Pro
Rapid City, SD