[TechAssist] Symphonic SC313 Combo Service Manual need explanation ?

  • From: Randy Evans <tvsvc2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 09:45:34 -0700 (PDT)

In the Power Supply Troubleshooting sections of their Service Manuals, they
tell you to connect your Scope Probes to two terminals of T601, the Switching
Transformer. In almost every Service Manual, they tell you to connect it to
"Pins that don't even exist" on the transformer.
What I need to know is: What Winding are the talking about?
Positive Probe to ?? Negative Probe to ??

I Copied and Pasted an example from a Symphonic SC313 manual below,
although it is in their other combo Service Manuals as well.

Thanks,
Randy J. Evans
VCR SERVICE
Delta, Ohio 43515