[TechAssist] Re: Sylvania tv/vcr model 6319cc/no capstan rotation

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 19:58:17 -0400

Nothing economical. If your time has any value it is cheaper just to buy a
new one. Sometimes I could see a blister or tiny hole in the driver IC. A
couple of times I changed the motor in similar units and it did not solve
the problem or there were additional problems, but before long one would
come along that did need the motor and I was glad that I had one on hand.
The motor for that one is N9660CMT. I think that unit is one of the nasty
ones where you have to do a lot of desoldering just to remove the chassis
and then more desoldering and resoldering of delicate ribbon cables to
change the motor. you should change the mode switch, SSR0106KB001, too.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609