[TechAssist] Re: Sony Wega TV's PCB cracks in 32" sets ie KV32FS10

  • From: Ed Gaidies <teltek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:26:20 -0500

Tony;
It is a problem...and this includes Toshiba.

The actual "thickness"of the main board has been
trimmed.

You may have noticed that most Chinese/Korean
products, no matter what the Label that goes
on..have added a screw hole to mount the Flyback
transformer to be supported by a screw thru the
back cover.

Circuit boards have gotten so thin, that the
weight of the flyback has to be supported by other
means.

My favorite expression..."How Sad".

-Ed-

Tel-Tek Electronics