[TechAssist] Sony Wega TV's PCB cracks in 32" sets ie KV32FS10

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:54:50 +0000

Have seen several Sony Wega 32" Sets with cracks on the main board (3 or 4
in the last year). The one today was a KV32FS10  Chassis AA-2H. It was
droped off with the symptom of Sound but no picture or HV.  Found a Small
crack in the main board next to the HOT that had severed the traces to the
emmiter and base of the HOT  Fixing the cracks fixed the problem.  The only
reason I mention is that all of Cracks I've seen in the Wega series seem to
occur at the point were the main cabinet and back meet. The problems
observed are range from dead to odd symptom failures.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV