[TechAssist] Sony TV KV-32XBR36 Horizontal lines in picture, after warm-up

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 10:29:26 -0600

Hi members,
This Sony TV, model KV-32XBR36 has a perfect picture for about 20 minutes,
then Horizontal lines start to appear, from top to bottom, about 1/2 inches
apart. Cooling the jungle IC with freeze spray does not make them go away,
so I think the Jungle IC is OK. Cooling some of the electrolytics in the
Pwr. supply module sometimes clears them up, but they remain more pronounced
on
darker scenes, then light ones. I have replaced MOST of the ones in the pwr.
supply, and the two on the CRT module, but, no help. I'm almost certain
there is a bad electrolytic somewhere, but I can't seem to put my finger on
it.

Any help is appreciated,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics        " Walk tall,...Walk straight
93 North Main                                   and look the world
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087                 right in the eye "
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx