[TechAssist] Sony SL-5100 beta assistance!

  • From: "19th Street Audio" <audio19@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:43:03 -0400

Hi,

I have very limited beta assistance, but I have a SL-5100 2nd generation
Beta here that took the tantalum cap replacement kit (about 10 caps) in the
servo section. All is now working perfectly, BUT, unit will not shift speed
from beta II to III. Beta II records and plays well, unit will play a
prerecorded II well, but not play a known good prerecorded III speed. I
could not test any of this when the unit first came here before the cap
replacements, so I don't know if this was a pre-existing problem....
Does any one have any input? I do not have a manual :(

Marty Mertz
19th Street Audio
532 North 19th Street
Allentown, Pa. 18104