[TechAssist] Sony KV32S45 Shuts off

  • From: "Jim Bailey" <baileystv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:49:00 -0500

Hi Techs,

Model:  KV32S45
PROBLEM: Shuts down when signal is applied

I first found the tuner defective I replaced it and also found IC 501
defective it was pulling my 16v line down I replaced it now my set will come
on and play for 5-8 seconds with a good picture then turns the power supply
off.press pwr button TV comes back on then repeats.

If I remove the signal from ant TV will play all day snowy apply signal and
TV will shut down.
I removed the anode lead and wrapped it so as not to short, TV will play
with the ant signal applied.
I have changed out the G board no change.
Iam working on HV circuit now with no luck all voltages that I have checked
seem to be ok.
Any Ideas would be appreciated

Jim Bailey
Bailey's TV Sales & Service