[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV32FV300 strange things

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:08:48 -0700 (PDT)

One more question. If there had been glass cleaner dripped on the tact switches
or the board, wouldn't there be some visual evidence? I see no stain or
corrosion of any kind on the board, either side. It's like from the factory. I
pulled the chassis out and turned the set on, it still has the same problem. So
that would eliminate contact with the bezel as being the cause.

                                   Paul
Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: SYMPTOMS
Set up screen intermittently keeps coming up.

RESOLUTION

The menu pop up has been found to occur due to the reasons below.

1. Customer used glass cleaner that dripped on to the control board
below the CRT.
The residue is causing the intermittent screen pop up. Replace the board
to correct the
problem and instruct the customer not to allow the glass cleaner to
drip down the face
of the CRT.

2. The menu button is not centered or hitting the Bezel. Remove the two
menu buttons
and remount tilting them back a little bit so they no longer touch the
Bezel.

Since 1972 *
Jim Myers *
Telrad Electronics *