[TechAssist] Sony KV-27XBR36 (SY-CTV20-T) Overscanned Picture, with low b+ supply voltage.

  • From: "Bruce Tiedeman" <btied@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:37:34 -0400

The picture deflection is over scanned and the power supply has low B+
voltage. Looks like and open capacitor some where.

The picture is full ,Overscanned top and bottom and sides. The collector B+
is 108 volts and 871 PPVolts. I checked the power supply caps OK. I removed
the supply and checked the B+ is low with it removed from chassis. You would
think the deflection would be reduced with low B+ . Before I check the caps
in the horiz section thought I would see if any one has seen this before.
thanks
Bruce.

B&T Electronics
139 Margaret St