[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV27V15 vert up from bottom + pincushion

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:17:59 +0000

The elecrolitics and resistors surrounding vertical IC check out, one cap
was 5% low but changing it did not help. I've done some research on line and
this symptom has also been described as sony with shifted picture but no
solution was provided (google groups)--- black line at bottom heads cut off
narrower at bottom than at top. I guess it could be a timming problem in the
PIN circut or in jungle cirket or ic, but this set is a little more stubbron
than some to uncover its secrets.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Sony KV27V15 vert up from bottom + pincushion
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 08:02:37 -0700

Don't have the manual but check IC 641 9v reg.Has caused many problems in
this
model.
Check all caps in the vert ckt and a possibility would be the jungle
ic.Common
failure.
Mando
Birdie's TV & Electronics