[TechAssist] Sony KV27FS100L

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:39:26 -0700 (PDT)

How reliable are blink codes? This set is becoming more of a problem than I
first thought.  The blink code is four, indicating a problem in the vertical
circuit, as I suspected before getting the service manual. I replaced the
vertical I/C as the most likely cause per the self diagnostics. Problem
remains, that being the set tries to start but never makes enough B+ and goes
into stand by. I removed the HOT and replaced both switching mosfets. Nothing
has changed. I have checked the lytics in that circuit, and supply resistors.
Nothing shorted or low to ground on the B+ line.Haven't found anything bad yet.
When I took the back off and saw that the chassis was the one that has bad tact
switches I headed there first.  Anyone familiar with this chassis and this
problem?
             Paul

Paul ,B
Central TV&Video