[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV27FS100L

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 11:27:03 -0700 (PDT)

I don't think the vertical I/C that I replaced was bad. The problem seems to be
that the B+ never gets up to 135v. It makes about 47v then shuts down and goes
into standby. I found a dual diode that was shorted in the secondary but it
supplies the audio amp and removing it did not make any difference in the low
B+ problem. Unless the secondary needs an exact load  in order to run, I am at
a loss to know what is going on.
                                                                   Paul
Wayne Vanaman <Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have seen a number of sets that, when the vertical IC fails it takes
out the video processor. Check for vertical drive out of the processor.
Pins 28 and 29. These are complimentary sawtooth waveforms, about
1.2v pk-pk.

Wayne Vanaman
Omega Electronics
6904 W Fairfield Dr