[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV-27EXR25, schematic needed.

  • From: MDileo0000@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:02:10 EDT

Hey, Kevin

 I used to have fits with these using non-Sony replacements. Doubling the=20
heatsink area stopped all of that and generics are okay. I did have a generi=
c=20
6301A from MCM blow up one time and it split the case apart. It was an assem=
bly=20
of discrete components encapsulated into the IC form. It might have lasted b=
ut=20
for a transistor leg wire that wasn't fully encased and made contact to the=20
heatsink.=20

Dominic DiLeo
Atlantic TV
Freeport, Maine
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

In a message dated 8/6/03 12:54:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time, kevintv@xxxxxxx=
=20
writes:

> Does anyone have the schematic for a Sony KV-27EXR25 27=E2=80=9D TV?  I wo=
uld
>  like to know if IC651is an STR-S6301 or STR-S6301A.  I replaced IC651 6
>  months ago with the non-=E2=80=9CA=E2=80=9D version and the set came back=
 with the same
>  IC causing HV shutdown.  I have now replaced it with the =E2=80=9CA=E2=
=80=9D version and
>  it is working fine again.  Does this IC normally get so hot that I can=
=E2=80=99t
>  touch the heat sink?  What is the normal operating temp for this IC?
>  Thanks.
>  =20
>  Kevin Wilks
>  Kevin's TV & Video Repair