[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV-19TS20-no stby 5v

  • From: "Art Bevilacqua" <abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 15:13:03 -0400

I did one of this vintage just yesterday. I followed the AC upstream of =
the
power relay and found the standby rectifiers. Downstream of the standby
rectifiers was mostly AC, the electrolytic capacitor at that location =
was
bad. I think it was C605, 22ufd at 250V. This also supplies the power =
relay,
you can confirm the problem and get your bearings by measuring for DC =
and/or
AC at the coil of the power relay. It wasn't too hard to follow without =
the
schematic.

Arthur Bevilacqua
Essex Radio & TV