[TechAssist] Re: Sony KP53S15

  • From: Manuel Reyes <reyes9159@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:00:53 -0800 (PST)

just take care with this set don't power it too much
till you fix HV or you will burn you picture tubes
here is the locations of the HV regulator and the cap
HVregulator Q808 located on E board and I made a
mistake about the cap this chassis it don't have it
just change the HV regulator I hope that solve your
problem good luck:Manuel

--- bgrabowski@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Anyone have a fix for a Sony KP53S15 that is in
> shutdown. HV comes up
> and then immediate shutdown. The B+ is right on at
> 135v and after
> taking 2nd anode lead off
> it will arc to ground almost 4 inches and burys the
> HV meter at over
> 40KV. Is there any common fault for this set. The 2
> damper diodes test
> okay and the 2 critical caps are on the money any
> help would be
> appreciated.   Thanks
>

> Bill G.
>
> Bill Grabowski
> Triangle Appliance
> Kenosha,WI 53142

> This Email List is accessible to the general public
> through search engines. Remove:
> http://www.tech-assist.org/remove.htm
> Set Vacation

> Lost Password: http://www.tech-assist.org  and