[TechAssist] Sony KP-53HS30 Projection TV

  • From: "electronicrepair" <electronicrepair@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:10:59 -0500

I picked up this TV and the costumer had told me that it was hit by
lightning.
I plugged it in and will not turn on, the only voltage I get from the P.S.
is 5v, I checked
all the transistors and diodes for shorts and they are OK, I also checked
all the resistors
and VDRs they also check OK, in the power supply.
I am fairly new in the projection servicing field, I do not have a schematic
on the set
and I would appreciate all the help and hints that you can provide me about
this TV in
particular and any other general help on projection TVs.
Thank you, Mark
Electronic Repair Services
48 W. James St.
Lancaster, PA 17603