[TechAssist] Sony KP46S25 no Blue

  • From: "Tony S" <tcselectronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:02:29 -0600

Went on a call for a KP46S25 and set had no blue. Customer said it went out
after a storm. I checked the service menu for drive ,cutoff levels and insure
the blue gun turned on- all normal, reset by unplugging still no help, turned
up G2 and only had raster with no video on blue. I then crossed the blue drive
wire on the green CRT board with the Green drive wire , blue returned and green
disappeared. This test confirmed that the blue CRT and drive circuitry was ok.
I now suspect the CXA1477AS chip as being faulty, does anyone concur.
Tony Saracco
TCS ELECTRONICS
406 Andra Ct.
Gilberts, IL 60136