[TechAssist] Sony CDCP515, cd player from hell, Help!!!

  • From: MagLfixIt4ya@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:48:50 EDT

Hello all, this cd player has been here for weeks, when it first came in the
symptom was it would skip with the slightest vibration, all attempts to adjust
the pots on the pick-up failed replacing the pick-up itself failed as a last
effort and working on a tip replacing the spindle motor also failed however
after replacing the motor the set lost other functions the tray opens when the
open button id pressed but it will not close when the button is pressed to
close only the carrousel rotates, if I close it by hand it also will not play a
cd
it only rotate the carousel, there are no solder splashes from the motor
installation and the new motor is in correct. Is it posable I have one of the
ribbon cables in wrong? If anyone could give me an idea on what is wrong it
would
be greatly appreciated. TIA
Don@ Affordable Electronics
          153 Garfield Place