[TechAssist] Re: Sharp LCD ProjectorXV-H37U

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:17:43 -0500

Hi Paul,
Worked on one of these for the local school. It was missing one color. I opened
it up and it had r/g/b LCD lenses. I just swapped two of them out to trouble
shoot. The problem was a defective green LCD.
You could probably do the same on this unit. This would narrow down the problem
to circuit problem or LCD problem. Swap a blue or green LCD with the red. If
the problem is then outlines on one of the other colors, you will know that the
red LCD is defective. Maybe you will get lucky. btw the LCD is pretty expensive.
Paul W
C&W Electronics
Azle Texas