[TechAssist] Sharp Camcorder VL-E36C - Battery Too Low Error Message

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 19:12:46 +0100

I apologize for this duplicate post but the first one never got through
the server and furthermore I put down the wrong model number - eye sight
is not as good as it use to be.

Gentlemen,

I need your help. This camcorder when powered on (with a newly charged
battery) shows "batter too low" message on the LCD before shutting down.
I've tried other batteries and the bench power supply with the same
results. If I try and eject the tape (which is still inside), I here the
gears start to turn, I see the bench supply climb to 1.5A then back down
to zero, then it tries to do this all over again. I'm not sure what's
going on here and would appreciate any help. The customer tells me the
camcorder is about 8 - 9 years old and this "battery low" problem
started about a year ago, he thought it was the battery and replaced it
and the charger. I can't find anything online with respect to this
problem.

Thank-you,

David Lessard

Alexandria Electronics