[TechAssist] Sharp 32R-S400 No Horz sink broken RF connector

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 01:58:35 +0000

Sharp 32R-S400
Customer broke off RF connector But has no Horz sink.

    This set was orginally supose to be a no brainer when the customer
called. A broken RF connector, We can see 2-3 of that simptom a week, so
that is not usually a problem to repair as most snap cleanly with out too
much collateral dammage. But just The same we like to test the set before
rebuilding the RF connection on the Tunner. On testing this set we found
that the set has a horizontal sink problem. There doesn't appear to be any
dammage other that the connector. Does any one know the in's and out's of
the works of this set. IE Since this set is 2001 it appears to be an  I2
type chassis, Can breaking the connector corrupt the eeprom and data. I was
suspecting some do it self consumer problems in the set but really can't
prove it. But I gave them I $125 est for the tunner and the sink problem,
they said they would think about it, That was a month ago so I need to try
to think about fixing and selling it off, since its pretty new, and selling
it off is more profitable than dumping it or scrapping it not to mention
more envoromentally freindly.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV